My first concern with the company was the way we received the directions, some were great, and others were like one piloting an airplane.The other was when I had to go though retraining due to an accident I was in.

Now my understanding of the way this was to work, I though, was that the safety department was the one who I had to go through the retraining, after being briefed by the terminal manager. But to this day I still don't understand why the terminal manager was the one. On one of the sessions which was the simulator, I felt that I did well on that, but the other person who went through it, actually took down a telephone pole, I felt bad for her, but later found out that she was cleared to drive again; what a concept. The other issue that annoyed me about the way this was handled, it was not till after the third day that I started to do the retraining.

By the time I was given a road test with an examiner, I was very tensed. I was never given a full outlook of what was to happen, after completing the computer training, I had to wait for the terminal manager, very long wait at times. I felt that since I did not fail anything prior to the road test, which is where I failed, if there would have been more test or exams I would have to of gone through. I think that these people really wanted me to fail.

I believe I drove for about three years, did all the required safety classes, and felt that this company instilled that if one is involved in an accident, the safety department would be the ones who would be doing the actual complete rundown of what was to be happing. Today I still wonder why I went through what I did.

Sometimes I wish that the people at Warner would read these.Thank you in advance for taking time to read this, by all means post if you like, anyone ever experience something like this?

Had an Experience with Werner Enterprises?

Comments

I can relate to what you are saying.I had to test out at the Dallas terminal in order to get the ok to go solo.

I failed my backing test because I hit a trailer during the test. I didn't destroy it or cause any damage, but none the less, I hit it and I don't deny my mistake. The problem was the guy that was conducting the tests had a very poor attitude, and talked down to everybody, making everybody pretty nervous. He also told everyone that they had "led in their ***" because they wouldn't get out to look and when I did it without being reminded he says "You can't just wish for it to go in!'...

I was pretty nervous which is why I felt that I failed.

In fact, I did great up until the backing test, passed all the computer tests, the driving test, and if I would have passed the backing test I probably would have gotten my truck that day.But like you said, it's like they want you to fail, at least that's how I felt after dealing with that *** in Dallas, I don't think that he wanted anybody to succeed, and it's guys like him that give companys and truckers all together a bad rep.

I was pretty nervous which is why I felt that I failed.