1K views

(2)FOLLOWING TOO CLOSE WHICH WAS DISMISSED

I INFORMED MY CDL SCHOOL

AND

WERNERS ENTERPRISES RECRUITER HER NAME IS LISA

OF MY 2 RESOLVED OFFENSES THEY HAD TO HAVE A REVIEW BOARD VIEW MY CASE AND THEY FOUND IN MY FAVOR.

SO AT THIS POINT I WAS STARTING MY TRAINING - THIS IS A 300 HOUR TRAINING AND I WAS GETTING PAID $350 AWEEK.AFTER 250 HOURS AND 2 TRAINERS I WAS CALLED INTO A WERNER TERMINAL AND WAS TOLD TO MEET WITH SAFETY.

SAFETY CALLED THE CORPORATE OFFICE IN OMAHA NE AND SCOTT DIRECTOR OF APPLICATIONS ASKED WHY I DIDN'T PUT THESE TICKETS ON MY APPLICATION AND THE APPLICATION ONLY ASKED FOR CURRENT TICKET AND WHICH THESE WEREN'T.

SO FOR NOT PUTTING THIS NON CURRENT TICKETS IN THE CURRENT TICKET PORTION OF THE APPLICATION SCOTT TOLD ME I WAS TERMINATED AND HE HUNG UP THE PHONE -- WITH NO CHANCE TO EXPLANE THE ISSUE.

I INVESTED A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY IN A NEW CAREER

WERNER DOES NOT CARE

Had an Experience with Werner Enterprises?

Comments

Lawrence, Kansas, United States #780920

When I trained for them I was told I had to stay at that hometown lodge or I wouldn't get paid.That "hotel" is rundown, old beds, and has camera's everywhere to watch drivers.

New year eve, (my day off) I had some beers. I didn't get rid of my beer cans by throwing them away outside and while I was in class, they came into my room and went through all my stuff, found the empty cans and fired me. My wife said they act like Wal-Mart thinking they can own you.

This is a free country.I will gladly join a class action lawsuit

to kstrucker #825921

Driving is not for drinkers. Find a different career.

to kstrucker #834021

Rules are clear. No alcohol on Werner property or any room rented by Werner. Only allowable on home time.

Lombard, Illinois, United States #753613

I agree with everyones comments...I have been with Werner for almost a yr and when I complete that yr of experience i am definantly moving on :zzz

I too was also fired..for no reason.at all and justlike you.I was told.I was fired over and accident that was I wàs not at fault ...but since there was" and injury " and I qoute that person.was acting up since he smell a lawsuit.Fraudulent.And this happened in 8/23/11..

but they called the company I was involved with at that time..Lord knows what they tell them and one was thati fail a urine test..people this happened over 2 years and he wants to telephone me and tell me that I wasn't legal to operate a commercial motor vehicle? ?

but I was legal while I was in training.it didn't bother them while I was hauling for them making them money because they knew about this since10/28/13..tt's what the PSP report stamps says ..Now I wad even charge for the bus tickets wich :( I didn't even use.I spent a lot of money and time..There should be a counsel for people.like u and I so this big company Don't b taking advantage of us who are string to better themselves.

to Vince #825923

Driving and accidents don't mix.

I know how you feel, I drove for Werner for a mth before I was terminated by Scott.I was on the road when he called me and asked why I did not put about my felony.

I told him because I was not convicted and your applications ask "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 5 yrs" I put no.

So he fired me because of it without an explanation.I am curretnly in the Military with this felony cause I was juvenile adjudication, not convicted.

Instead of "We Care.Werner Cares." they should change it to "We Care.

Werner Cares..

Oh by the way..*** YOU!"

Too bad Werner doesn't fire all of their drivers who lie, speed, tailgate, violate log rules, run with equipment that should be OOS, etc.

And I'm just talking about the trainers!

If Werner actually practiced what they preached more often, they'd be respectable.

Werner clearly ask for tickets in the last three years.Not current.

Take a look at an application. Also-when you get hired the recruiters go over all the questions again. If you got fired, then you lied. Its your own fault.

Any company would let you go for that, not only did you lie but its a false application. I told Werner everything upfront, Lisa was my recruiter too, she was great. Had no problems.

BE HONEST.It pays off!