1.1K views

(2)FOLLOWING TOO CLOSE WHICH WAS DISMISSED

I INFORMED MY CDL SCHOOL

AND

WERNERS ENTERPRISES RECRUITER HER NAME IS LISA

OF MY 2 RESOLVED OFFENSES THEY HAD TO HAVE A REVIEW BOARD VIEW MY CASE AND THEY FOUND IN MY FAVOR.

SO AT THIS POINT I WAS STARTING MY TRAINING - THIS IS A 300 HOUR TRAINING AND I WAS GETTING PAID $350 AWEEK.AFTER 250 HOURS AND 2 TRAINERS I WAS CALLED INTO A WERNER TERMINAL AND WAS TOLD TO MEET WITH SAFETY.

SAFETY CALLED THE CORPORATE OFFICE IN OMAHA NE AND SCOTT DIRECTOR OF APPLICATIONS ASKED WHY I DIDN'T PUT THESE TICKETS ON MY APPLICATION AND THE APPLICATION ONLY ASKED FOR CURRENT TICKET AND WHICH THESE WEREN'T.

I INVESTED A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY IN A NEW CAREER

WERNER DOES NOT CARE

Comments

Lawrence, Kansas, United States #780920

When I trained for them I was told I had to stay at that hometown lodge or I wouldn't get paid. That "hotel" is rundown, old beds, and has camera's everywhere to watch drivers.

New year eve, (my day off) I had some beers. I didn't get rid of my beer cans by throwing them away outside and while I was in class, they came into my room and went through all my stuff, found the empty cans and fired me. My wife said they act like Wal-Mart thinking they can own you.

This is a free country. I will gladly join a class action lawsuit

to kstrucker #825921

Driving is not for drinkers. Find a different career.

to kstrucker #834021

Rules are clear. No alcohol on Werner property or any room rented by Werner. Only allowable on home time.

Lombard, Illinois, United States #753613

I agree with everyones comments...I have been with Werner for almost a yr and when I complete that yr of experience i am definantly moving on :zzz

I too was also fired..for no reason.at all and justlike you.I was told. I was fired over and accident that was I wàs not at fault ...but since there was" and injury " and I qoute that person.was acting up since he smell a lawsuit.Fraudulent.And this happened in 8/23/11..

but they called the company I was involved with at that time..Lord knows what they tell them and one was thati fail a urine test..people this happened over 2 years and he wants to telephone me and tell me that I wasn't legal to operate a commercial motor vehicle? ?

but I was legal while I was in training.it didn't bother them while I was hauling for them making them money because they knew about this since10/28/13..tt's what the PSP report stamps says ..Now I wad even charge for the bus tickets wich :( I didn't even use.I spent a lot of money and time..There should be a counsel for people. like u and I so this big company Don't b taking advantage of us who are string to better themselves.

to Vince #825923

Driving and accidents don't mix.

I know how you feel, I drove for Werner for a mth before I was terminated by Scott. I was on the road when he called me and asked why I did not put about my felony.

I told him because I was not convicted and your applications ask "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 5 yrs" I put no.

So he fired me because of it without an explanation. I am curretnly in the Military with this felony cause I was juvenile adjudication, not convicted.

Instead of "We Care. Werner Cares." they should change it to "We Care.

Werner Cares..

Oh by the way.. *** YOU!"

Too bad Werner doesn't fire all of their drivers who lie, speed, tailgate, violate log rules, run with equipment that should be OOS, etc.

And I'm just talking about the trainers!

If Werner actually practiced what they preached more often, they'd be respectable.

Werner clearly ask for tickets in the last three years. Not current.

Take a look at an application. Also-when you get hired the recruiters go over all the questions again. If you got fired, then you lied. Its your own fault.

Any company would let you go for that, not only did you lie but its a false application. I told Werner everything upfront, Lisa was my recruiter too, she was great. Had no problems.

BE HONEST. It pays off!

Well, I think all Werner Trainers think they are GOD. I went though 2 trainers before I quite.

I know that the trainers need some type of training in human communications. They think their GOD but they are nothing but of worthless dumb pieces or s---.

They can not even control their own lives (that’s why there on the road all the times) They have no home or life and when they think there are in control (training) they have power. B----S----

hey pal,god blessed you for werner firing you,id move on down the road!!!! Be thankful,as you cans eee they got many evil tenacals,and you can ask any driver out there,tht doesnt work for werner what they think of werner,and youll get a big ol laugh!!lol.

Be grateful man and enjoy your clean Cdl,and if they are to cruel to put you to work driving anywhere,*** emmm cause i guess,all companies lie when they cry and whine ohhhh my god we need drivers,guess they dont after all huh??? Id find somthing else to do and *** emm mann!!!

i find it sorry to fire someone over,a misunderstanding!!now had the tickets been found guilty i can see,why they would fire him!!but since they didnt stick,then its wrong to fire someone!!! Yall enjoy the evil world of mistruss and may god help your assies for being too gooders!!!!!

Yal best best hope you dont hve a simple oops!!you know it alls. Enjoy your mistrusting world!!!!!!!!!

SO FOR NOT PUTTING THIS NON CURRENT TICKETS IN THE CURRENT TICKET PORTION OF THE APPLICATION SCOTT TOLD ME I WAS TERMINATED AND HE HUNG UP THE PHONE -- WITH NO CHANCE TO EXPLANE THE ISSUE. (This is his quote) Every application asks for tickets current or not for the last three years, he purposely omitted them to conceal his bad habits of driving, i am glad he is not with us anymore, i feel safer already. flip burgers loser

to Driver's Driver Trainer #1130123

Loser??? You drive a truck for Werner you are a dirt bag that has no skills in life.

I drove a truck once until I found a real job!! You are a worthless piece of ***!!!

Well thats what I want to have behind me, A big truck right on my *** speeding. Its probably a safety issue.

sosimple

thats what any company would do. should have put them down on the app thats for fault.

Have filed an online appliciation or regular application packet by mail.with Werner Enterprises. I've always filled out every question honestly to the best of my ability.Even there alot of questions.

At this time something isn't right and have asked why the is rejected an what reason, An not getting an answer for that reason and want to know and why.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149857

Well they have their reputition to think of. Why would they want a dangerous driver who speeds and follows too cloesly. Besides even if you told the recruiter you did not tell the them on interveiw.

I agree with Erin if you dont inform you got tickets even if they were acquitted it doesnt look good. and DUDE he said he didnt inform them of the tickets.

he might have told the recruiter you still need to put it down on your application. they make that very clear.