3.2K views

Werner Enterprises took my husband on Nov.22,2010.

The recruiters promised him $.29/mile while training. I took my husband to the crappy hotel in Indianapolis,In and dropped him off w a confirmed date of return in 2 weeks. He was told that he earned 1 day off for every 7 days driven. my husband did not return for 6 weeks.

His 1st trainer stranded him in Mississippi for a week while he took a vacation. When he finally made it home he got 2 days w us and i spent a whole day taking him back n forth from Indy. My husband was then gone for another 6 weeks. Meanwhile he was only getting paid 350.00/wk before taxes & insurance.

My husband brought home 160.00/wk. He was told that his training wouldn't last more than 6 wks& it has been 12 wks now. He got great reviews from both of his trainers. When my husband started driving on his own he asked a number of times for a employee handbook& was never given 1.

He drove for Walmart, Dollar General, Dollar Tree on a deducated route. His dispatcher falled 2 tell my husband that he had specific paperwk 2 fill out@ each stop inorder 2 get paid for unloading the truck@ each stop therefore he was working for free. After about the 10th time asking bout his pay his disbatcher said he noticed it but just set it aside. Werner owes my husband 2 grand& still has not paid.

Werner also paid him half of what he was told per mile. We are sueing Werner Enterprises for back wages& damages. Werner is the most dishonest company i have encountered. Working for McDonalds would get you further in life.

The day my husband turned in his truck 143 other drivers did the same for the same reason.Werner Enterprises is the worst company 2 work 4 & unless u want 2 get screwed on a daily basis don't work 4 Werner.

Had an Experience with Werner Enterprises?

Comments

That is the life of a driver not sure why you would think you would get home all the time then you would cry about how you don't make any money. Next time check the facts about all trucking companies it is what you make it if you failed it was your fault millions of driver's out here every day fact 1 yes 1 day for every 7 fact 2 when training no company will dump you off every week for one or 2 days fact 3 you will not get the same trainer then you will sit and wait for another trainer fact 4 it will take forever to finish your training fact 5 truck driving is NOT for the weak cry baby fact 6 you WILL​ stay out for weeks on end fact 7 wheels don't turn you don't earn I have been doing this for a long time and I make a *** ton of money so your the reason you fail sorry to say not really sure why you green Horn's think you get 5 mins in the seat and think your a real Truck driver can't park can't back up take you a hour to get into a spot in a truck stop all companies need to STOP​ hiring people like you gives everyone one else bad name

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States #1234378

I am amazed by your story....First of all I will say I have been with this company for over 30 years and never witnessed anything like you describe.I am wondering why you did not just leave as soon as you realized things were not as you had expected, or better yet, maybe have a discussion with someone in management about your ordeal.

I realize that this company like any other has faults, but I have found that civil conversations with anyone in a management position usually bodes well....Did you ever try this tactic?

I am sorry that you had a bad experience but 10,000 other employees do not share your sentiments.Have a good day and best of Luck to you

It saddens me gratley to read all this.I worked and trained for werner before greg his son took over and had a wonderful family inviroment.

Cl werner took good care of me. But then his son took over i left.

I miss those good old days.

It's not for everyone.I've worked for Werner for almost 2 years now.

Yes Werner has good and bad but so does every company.

It's a training company for a reason.Not a career company

Ardmore, Oklahoma, United States #1006096

Roflmfaoo I have been working for werner for 7 month, not the best but def not the worste.Ma'm I gotta say you and your hubby are both idiots.

While in training its 450 a week and gotta do 275 unless you test out at 215. In those hrs you don't suppose to go home and trainer trainer trains you on ***, so pay attention ask quistions. So after you get done with training get your own truck, do the paper work and send it in, now to get hired by a good company you need 6 ,month to 1 yr experiance. Now there dollar general, doller tree, and family doller, are dedicated accounts where you get 2 days off a week and pays more then ovr with werner if you work your *** off..

Now listen up dumbasses, your despatch is not your boss and if they tell you to drive in bad weather, or without enough sleep, or anything unsafe you cAn tell them to go *** themselves. Safety dpt is the only department that can fire you. That being said I like doller general account, get a workout and make more money then I ever have, I have still only been on the account for 2 month was on surge before this.. that being said though my last check was 952 after taxes and another month can train and be making 1400 to 2000 a month and means I get someone to help me unld trailor..

but if your in indianola,in don't do dg they pay to bad but I could go ovr now for kmb making 0.45 mile but I can make just as much on dg and I make 0.36 mile so cannot complain but if your a knew driver would try...

to Slystud026 Yonkers, New York, United States #1131749

Please learn to spell before calling anyone an ***.I work for Werner now and so far not a bad company.

People complain about no home time but I've never had a problem going home.I just request my days off and thats all.

23 Years OTR.Was looking for a local run.

Werner has a gig in my area. Recruiter said .44 + .02 safety bonus. 1st month it was great. Then I got a check that said .37 mile.

I called to get it fixed. Was told .44 + .02 isn't in their contract with this client. I told them good bye. I was making .37 in 2003.

Found a regional run, home every Friday, out every Monday.

.42 mile.Werner drivers have to be brain damaged to stay with that company.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States #943658

I drive net ops from omaha ne,exit 440,to iowa city,exit 249,everynight i drive 533 miles they pay for only 488 at .318,im working a min.of 1 hour a day for free and that doesnt even include fueling grabbing empties and put up with my incompetent fleet mngr .I am grateful iam home everynight and thats the only reason iam still here 4now.i went through trainng and worked for CRETE CARRIERS for 9 months.left to be home.i was absolutely amazed how unorganized werner enterprises is.my calculation for me is they are not paying me for,215 min a week ×s .318 = somewere around 68.37 a week,because they always round down,multiply that by 48 = around $3200 annually multiply that by how many drivers werner employs,say 5000 drivers =lets just round that down to around 16 million a year,that justs sickens me,i just dont see how that is legal....i meen i could go on and on about the difficulties ive had in the 7 months ive been here.If you drive for them be honest...this has been exactly how it is...*** dont role down hill,it starts from the top...

You people who complain are pathetic.There's good and bad in every company.

Werner is a big company. I worked an account with them (surge fleet) which took me to each dollar store account. I was making upwards of 1200-1400 a week as a solo driver. His *** was handed a paper when he walked through each door at each dc that told him what to do to ensure he was paid.

I never had a problem getting my money. I am now a trainer. I go over every single detail with my students. Warning about things like this so they don't run away from the company.

Ridiculous that you people can't just pay your dues nowadays. When I was in training. 300 bucks before taxes and insurance!!!! I was in training for three months!!

I didn't once complain about my trainer taking to much time off. I made the best of a bad situation. Now look where I'm at. I make upwards of 1200-2200 a week.

I also give my students an incentive pay for mileage. Out of my own pocket! Werner is not the best company. But they have treated me very well.

Answered all my questions. And are not going to keep money from you if it is not your fault you didn't get it In the first place.

Maybe he would be better off at McDonalds.Cuz with that attitude that's the only place that will hire him

to tomdoutt Omaha, Nebraska, United States #943659

Tomdoutt post a check stub and i will post one from crete....we will see the truth.because i was grossing 1200 to 1400 a week....