Atlanta, Georgia
2.4K views 17 comments

Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!!

Related: Werner Enterprises - Review in Transportation and Delivery category from Farmington, Michigan

I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer, but due to the lack of female trainers, I was encouraged to sign-up for co-ed. That is a BIG MISTAKE IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BECOMING A CAREER TRUCK DRIVER . . . OMG . . . 4 out 6 trainers assigned to me thought I was a legalize lot lizzard!

After my first bad experience with a Nasty, Gross Looking, Freaking Old, Fat Buzzard, I requested to have a female trainer only . . . that never happened. Therefore, I was put on a truck again with another Freak, with rotten teeth, constantly picking his ###, nose, ears . . . OMG . . . Just another gross individual. I didn't want to sit in the same truck, driver seat or touch the dang steering wheel. I stayed on that truck for maybe a day and a half . . . Got literally sick . . . took a personal leave of absence.

My first trainer informed me he was dropping a student and informed me to request him to complete my training; and he would request me as his next student to pick-up.

Oh no that is not possible because the egotistical, power-hunger SDM felt insecure and overlooked. She felt I was scheduling my own trainer which is not permissible. And, she attempted to send me on another wild goose chase with another unknown trainer.

Okay ##### . . . you and WERNER can continue scheduling strangers who can not work togather as a TEAM and you will eventually have a MAJOR LAWSUIT due to Sexual Harassment or Workplace Violence.

WERNER Enterprises needs a better SAP . . . staffing and placement system to team trainers, students and co-drivers who have some common interests, tolerance and respect for working togather in a safe an non sexual oriented environment.

Why 6 Trainers:

The first trainer, I lost him when I went on PTO. Very good trainer with mad skillz behind the wheelz! Yeap, I should have listened to him and not got off his truck for PTO. We work well togather as a TEAM. We had great conversations and respect for each other. Hopefully, I will find another trainer like him when I decide to sign-on with another company.

The second trainer, dismissed off his truck due to company and safety violations.

The third trainer, thats the nasty fat, buzzard, looking for a "ladyfriend to team with". . . Sexual Harassment.

The fourth trainer, my buddy, he resigned because I was too sick to get on the truck with him and he already had plans to leave Werner, but was going to stay around until I finished training. I wish him much success in his new endeavor . . . Peace, Love, and Prosperity.

The fifth trainer, my friend and co-worker got off his truck because she felt scared. This man was having too many problems at home to be out on the road in a semi-tractor-trailer. She got off his truck and a few days later they assigned me to his truck . . . Okay . . . Nothings changed. I got in there. He started talking about he wanted to go out to Hooters and have some fun with me. There were many sexual conversations I was trying to avoid hearing. I was trying my best to let what he was saying go into one ear and out the other ear. He said he was happy to see me get on his truck because he thought I was sexy and not fat and ugly like a lot of female drivers. I am like OMG . . . not again!!!

But, I was able to get off his truck due to the fact he started playing with my jake-brakes on 459 right there where DOT had pulled over a vehicle. We got to the shipper in McCalla. I called it in to the night dispatcher. Security escorted him off the premises. I went home, drained of momentum, spiritual and physical health. I could not speak once I arrived home. I had the pneumonia for two weeks. As I was recuperating, thats when my first trainer called and invited me back on his truck.

I returned to WERNER on 02/15/2011 . . . not thinking there would be a problem for me to return on board with my first trainer. . .on to the sixth one.

The sixth trainer, I never met; I refused another trainer; I was NOT allowed to have a female trainer. So, I resigned and left WERNER ENTERPRISER because they really don't understand matching-up individuals to team whether it be trainer and student or co-drivers.

Ladies be warned and beaware when you sign-up for co-ed.

If there are any women out there reading this and you want to share your bad experiences at WERNER ENTERPRISES, please send me a note.

Best Regards,

Road Diva aka HotDollBhm

Review about: Driver Resources.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Werner Enterprises?

Comments

sad how that is.yrs ago when i trained for werner i had 3 co-eds.

2 of 3 qualified. the 3rd would have. but my truck was changed out and i was making my exit at that time to be o/o. my first intructions for any co-ed was to inspect the truck.

every corner every closet. nothing was hidden. then if they thought they wanted to train on my truck they were told they could change anything to be comfortable, it would be home until they left for pto or qualified. they were all good students.

i made sure they had privacy and time to themselves as time and loads allowed. it was a great experience for me and i hope for them. i knew werner was only trying to clear hotel rooms and felt bad that many were waiting to long to get their carreers started. i would do it again.

this is a good occupation for both genders.i hope you are on your way in this profession.

Palm Bay, Florida, United States #1204880

Thanks for the heads up, I was really doing research on this company before sign

Wow I'm thinking about going with werner but I want a female Trainor to. I'm glad I saw this review.

Omg!I am in training right now and am about ready to quit.

My husband and I are on the 2 plus 1 training program. I have been sexually harrassed by one trainer multipal times right in front of my husband. What they told me was " the least you need to say is hi, if you ever see him again". Wth!!

Safety supposedly told this guy to never contact us again. Huh, he called my husband today lol. Crazy *** people they have training these new impressionable people. Not to mention the trainer we are with now.

Ugh...

I'm not usually a violent person, but I really want to hit something. Sorry if this was hard to read but I have so much to type and my fingers aren't moving as fast as my mind.

I hope you find or have found a great job where they treat you with respect.

P.s.I'm sout sorry all that happened to you.

Could you post your email? I'm on with a trainer right now

driver 502953
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1062609

As a former male student with weiner #502953 i agree its not always a female trainer to magically appear when a skank like u wants one.I pick my nose & ears too.

I only had 4 trainers when i was there.

I resigned on the spot when on my 8th wk when i had like 8 hrs left they called me into office about some OLD stuff where my TRAINER failed to secure trailer door & it swung & hit another trucks hood day #1 of driving.It went from don't worry about it to "were expending your training 76 hrs".

So i quit & went to Swift & ran over more stuff than i care to remember:-)

PeachyKeen
Colleyville, Texas, United States #947553

Werner was the first company I started with as a newbie to this game back in 1997.They were an AZZHOLE company then and seems like nothing has changed.

My first trainer was a female. The first day on the truck she informed me that she only stops to bathe once a week. And she smelled like it. I informed her that I shower everyday, sometimes twice a day.

But I MUST have water on my *** at LEAST every other day. So that was the compromise. While she was driving, I could not sleep in my bunk which was the top bunk, while the vehicle was moving. I had to sleep in her bunk which stank to high ***.

Once she started talking about how I take too long in the shower, she started knit-picking me and one day I just snapped and told her about her funky ***. The fact that she stank and the fact that I hate sleeping on her bunk, even tho I would put layers between me and her nasty bedding. The fact that I'm grown and not a child and especially not HER child. And I will be treated with the same respectful that I've always have shown her.

Needless to say after that I was off her truck. Then they stuck me with a racist white man. Who was civil towards me, but the way he talked to this one African dude at the place we were dropping a trailer at, it was clear to me that he was a racist. So when it was time for me to take my road test, after driving in the latest models of freightliners of the day, a 1997 model I think a Cascadia, they put me in this clunker...

The guy testing me acted like he hated women in trucking, black women....and just women in general. I was so intimidated by that sorry piece of *** truck, and pissed off by his general attitude that he failed me. As I knew he would.

Funny, how all these years later they are trying to recruit me to join them.I would never work for Weenerwerner.

Werner driver- Megan
Tampa, Florida, United States #902436

I rerequested a non-smoking female only trainer.

If you think female only was hard to find lol try this one.

I was told it would be a long wait at home unpaid or at motel paid.

I said that's fine.

I chose motel.

6 paid weeks later (only thing required was a morning meeting)

I got a trainer. So I would have to call *** on the "would not give you a female trainer part". *You just didn't want to wait.* I am giving what you said the benefit of some truth because.

Male or female some people are just pigs.So if you want to complain don't add lies to your truth because it makes everything you said look like a lie.

Amazed. . .
Spokane, Washington, United States #608627

I considered my training time with Werner something I was determined to survive; like I didn't want to let it beat me.

What any aspiring driver needs to know is that Werner is about bottom line profit, and absolutely NOTHING else. So, if you treat your training days like a fraternity hazing ritual, and you make it through, you can go on to make some decent money. If you don't, Werner has no reason to care. When you are out with a trainer, Werner and the trainer profit from your driving. As long as you don't hit anything or get cited, they couldn't care less what happens to you--whether you pass or not.

This what you need to know if you're about to get trained by Werner: The whole training experience is about you getting trained in all facets of the work, and the stuff that's most important is backing, working the qualcomm communication unit, and dealing with getting in and out of appointments picking up or delivering trailers. If your trainer doesn't have you practicing all those things every day, demand another trainer because you're just getting used to drive.

And another thing. Screw Werner's rule that tries to forbid recording equipment. If you are being exposed to cruelty or off-putting sexual conduct, capture it on your phone or a digital recorder and go after them legally.

You might as well do what I'm doing: use Werner as your entry point into the industry and plan to seek better prospects after a year with them.

Hope...

I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH

i just did what he wanted,no big deal,i took care of him,like he wanted